THIS!... is the famous "BLUEBERRY HIGHBUSH" from the Vaccinium family for Balcony !
A small gourmet berry, the blueberry will seduce you with its pretty blue-black hue and its fragrant, slightly sweet and tangy taste... a wide range of culinary possibilities! Our blueberry bush can reaches a height of 5 to 6 feet! Very productive variety, which gives Medium to Large fruits of a pale or dark blue color, good tasting, and firm. Miam miam :)
Crooks & Features
- Botanical name: Vaccinium Corymbosum
- Native grown in Canadian climate (hardiness zone 4-8)
- Fruits maturity: July to September
- Foliage: Dark green turning red-orange in autumn
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy :)
- Small size: Around 12inch (30cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Not available)
- Medium size: Around 30inch (75cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Not available)
Large size: Around 60inch (150cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
- X-Large size: Around 90inch (230cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
Find a sunny spot that is sheltered from the wind. It is self-fruitful, however will do even more fruits if two different cultivars are planted (X Pollination). If you have a garden or a balcony, don't hesitate to take your plant out on sunny days, but don't forget to shelter it in winter!
Its important to use acidic water pH 5 for all blueberry bush (do not use city water with pH 7). Tip to get acidic water, squeeze half lemon fruit in your watering can. In summer/spring, we recommend frequent watering of 2 to 3 watering per week. In winter/autumn, water every 10 to 15 days. It is important to keep the soil slightly moist, BUT important note, all citrus tree hates having its roots in standing water!
Add 1 table spoon (15ml) of 21-0-0 (ammonia sulfate) & 12-6-6 + OLIGO one time on May and regular alga liquid fertilizer every 3 weeks during the grow period (May to September).
All blueberry high bush love temperatures between 21°C and 30°C. It can tolerate temperatures down to -25°C during the winter. But don't forget to shelter it in winter, like a garage or hut!
The blueberry high bush is NO-TOXIC with our furry friends.