THIS!... is the famous "LIME TREES" from the Citrus family for Apartment !
As a citrus fruit, the lime tree gives off a Mediterranean scent in your interior. It brings a bohemian touch by juggling between the flowering of its small white flowers and the appearance of its green fruits. Miam miam :)
Crooks & Features
- Botanical name: Citrus × ...
- Native grown in Mediterranean climate (hardiness zone 8-10)
- Ever bearing fruits
- Thorny branches (excepted for the Mexican Key Lime)
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy :)
- High maintenance and great for exp
- Small size: Around 12inch (30cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf.
- Medium size: Around 30inch (75cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf.
Large size: Around 60inch (150cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
- X-Large size: Around 90inch (230cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
The citrus tree appreciates strong light and loves direct sunlight, place it in a very bright place with a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. If you have a garden or a balcony, don't hesitate to take your plant out on sunny days, but don't forget to shelter it in winter!
Its important to use acidic water pH 5 for all citrus (do not use city water with pH 7). Tip to get acidic water, squeeze half lemon fruit in your watering can. In summer/spring, we recommend frequent watering of 2 to 3 watering per week. In winter/autumn, water every 10 to 15 days. It is important to keep the soil slightly moist, BUT important note, all citrus tree hates having its roots in standing water!
Add 1 table spoon (15ml) of 21-0-0 (ammonia sulfate) & 12-6-6 + OLIGO one time on May and regular alga liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks during the grow period (May to September).
When is establish in the pot, citrus grow vigorous, the trimming can be done all year.
All citrus trees love temperatures between 17°C and 25°C. It can tolerate temperatures down to 5°C during the winter. BUT, don't forget to bring it inside when the cold of Quebec its on the way !
The seeds, fruit and skin of the lemon tree are poisonous to pets! BUT don't be afraid, cats and dog are not fully attracted by the smell that citrus give off ;)
Benefits with our HAPPY ROOTZ growing system...
100% recycled from ocean plastic and crushed quartz stone, our HAPPY ROOTZ grow systems are stylish, impact resistant, let the roots breathe which produces powerful roots and are guaranteed for 10 years! Little more, you can use them outdoors as well as indoors. See our HAPPY ROOTZ Growing System solutions for awesome potted plants...