THIS!... is the famous "LIME TREES" from the Citrus family for Apartment !
As a citrus fruit, the lime tree gives off a Mediterranean scent in your interior. It brings a bohemian touch by juggling between the flowering of its small white flowers and the appearance of its green fruits. Miam miam :)
Crooks & Features
The Kaffir lime: Flavor and Sour, these limes are perfect for fresh use culinary and juicing. The most important health benefits of Kaffir lime may include its ability to promote oral health, detoxify the blood, boost skin health, improve digestion, ward off insects, lower inflammation, aid the immune system, reduce stress, and improve the health of hair.
- Lime trees are Easy to grow
- Fruits are Small to Medium Easy to juice and eat
- Trees has a rounded top and drooping branches, so requiring little to no pruning
- Foliage is dense, evergreen and dark in color, providing a perfect background for plentiful, pollen-free flowers that are creamy white and fragrant
Need to be pollinated, outdoor bubbles bees ! or indoor use a blush brush on every flowers
- Prefer sunny location, direct sunlight indoor/outdoor
- Grows 6-8′ tall
- Botanical name: (Persia - Citrus × latifolia) (Kaffir - Citrus hystrix)
- Native grown in California and Florida climate, Hardiness Zone 8-12
- Harvest season at Montreal (potted tree): November - January
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy
Full care instructions are included with each tree :)
Baby size: Around 7inch (20cm) in overall plant height (Only available at ONLINE SHOP 24/7/365)
- Mature sizes: Around 45inch (114cm) to 90inch (230cm) in overall plant height (Only available upon EMAIL REQUEST -> VIP Hunting Tree's services)
The citrus tree appreciates strong light and loves direct sunlight, place it in a very bright place with a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. If you have a garden or a balcony, don't hesitate to take your plant out on sunny days, but don't forget to shelter it in winter (out of the frost!).
Its important to use acidic water pH 5 for all citrus (do not use city water with pH 7). Tip to get acidic water, squeeze half lemon fruit in your watering can. In summer/spring, we recommend frequent watering of 2 to 3 watering per week. In winter/autumn, water every 10 to 15 days. It is important to keep the soil slightly moist, BUT important note, all citrus tree hates having its roots in standing water!
During the SUMMER SOLSTICE period (April to September) - Add 1 table spoon (15ml) of 21-0-0 (ammonia sulfate) + 12-6-6+OLIGO one time/per month & (optional) Add alga liquid fertilizer (5ml concentrate in 1L of water) every 2 weeks .
During the WINTER SOLSTICE period (October to March) - No fertilizing required.
When is establish in the pot, citrus grow vigorous, the trimming can be done all year.
All citrus trees love temperatures between 17°C and 25°C. It can tolerate temperatures down to 5°C during the winter. BUT, don't forget to bring it inside when the cold of Quebec its on the way !
The seeds, fruit and skin of the lemon tree are poisonous to pets! BUT don't be afraid, cats and dog are not fully attracted by the smell that citrus give off ;)
Benefits with our HAPPY ROOTZ growing system...
100% recycled from ocean plastic and crushed quartz stone, our HAPPY ROOTZ grow systems are stylish, impact resistant, let the roots breathe which produces powerful roots and are guaranteed for 10 years! Little more, you can use them outdoors as well as indoors. See our HAPPY ROOTZ Growing System solutions for awesome potted plants...