THIS!... is the hottest HABANERO from the Capsicum family !
Unique and versatile, the Chocolate Habanero pepper will soon become one of your preferred hot peppers. So much flavor and sweetness backed in these little chocolate fruits, no wonder why this is one of the pepper varieties that EVERYBODY wants! This is great to make BBQ sauces, salsas, and marinades! Plz note we growth in province of Quebec so the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
Crooks & Features
They will ripen from green to a rich dark brown, chocolatey color, and the pods will grow about 3 inches long. You will notice a sweet, rich, smoky flavor when you take a bite.
Heat Level: 300'000 to 577'000 SHU
Pepper trees are Very Easy to grow !
Fruit Color: Brown choco Easy to pick (2 years old plant)
- Trees has a rounded top and drooping branches, so requiring little to no pruning
- Foliage is dense, evergreen and dark in color, providing a perfect background for plentiful, pollen-free flowers that are creamy white and little fragrant.
Need to be pollinated, outdoor bubbles bees ! or indoor use a blush brush on every flowers.
- Prefer full sun location, direct sunlight indoor/outdoor
- Grows 2-4′ tall
- Botanical name: Capsiceae chinense
- Native grown in tropical Africa climate (hardiness zone 9-11)
- Harvest season at Montreal (potted tree): May to July
- Days to Harvest: 110+
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy
- Full care instructions are included with each tree :)
Baby size: Around 6inch (15cm) in overall plant height (Only available at ONLINE SHOP 24/7/365)
- Seeds: Around 10 seeds/pack
A very bright exposure is required, however avoiding full sun at midday, especially behind glazing. Also avoid drafts. If you have a garden or a balcony, don't hesitate to take your plant out, but don't forget to shelter it in winter!
The substrate must be kept cool throughout the growth period (May to September) but never soggy. During the dormancy period (October to March), water once a month.
During the SUMMER SOLSTICE period (April to September) - Add 1 table spoon (15ml) of 12-6-6+OLIGO one time/per month & Add alga liquid fertilizer (5ml concentrate in 1L of water) every 2 weeks .
During the WINTER SOLSTICE period (October to March) - No fertilizing required.
For the pepper tree, we rather talk about pinching the new shoots in order to maintain a compact habit that is more conducive for potted tree. Pinching are made in late spring to august. Before dormant period (October to March), u need to cut all branches above the third node !
The pepper tree is a tropical plant that cannot stand frost. It appreciates temperatures between 20 and 25°C all year round. Don't forget to bring it inside! Never expose it to temperatures below 10°C, it would lose its leaves.
The pepper tree is NO-TOXIC with our furry friends ;) (keep in mind some pepper fruits are volcano hot !)