THIS!... is the famous "ORANGE TREES" from the Citrus family for Apartment !
As a citrus fruit, the orange tree gives off a Mediterranean scent in your interior. It brings a bohemian touch by juggling between the flowering of its small white flowers and the appearance of its orange fruits. Miam miam :)
Crooks & Features
The Washington Navel Orange: Sweet and delectable, these oranges are perfect for fresh eating and juicing. The seedless, easy to recognize fruit has a prominent navel that is the growth of a second fruit embedded at the base of the first fruit. Smaller than the fruit in which it is in the grocery store. The flesh of a Washington Navel orange has a firm texture, is moderately juicy and rich in flavor!
- Orange trees are Easy to grow
- Fruits are Medium to Large Easy to peel and eat
- Trees has a rounded top and drooping branches, so requiring little to no pruning
- Foliage is dense, evergreen and dark in color, providing a perfect background for plentiful, pollen-free flowers that are creamy white and fragrant
Self-pollinating, so only one tree is needed to produce fruit
- Prefer sunny location, direct sunlight indoor/outdoor
- Grows 6-8′ tall
- Botanical name: Citrus × sinensis
- Native grown in California and Florida climate, Hardiness Zone 8-12
- Harvest season at Montreal (potted tree): November - January
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy
- Full care instructions are included with each tree :)
- Small size: Around 12inch (30cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf.
- Medium size: Around 30inch (75cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf.
Large size: Around 60inch (150cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
- X-Large size: Around 90inch (230cm) in overall height, from bottom of pot to top leaf. (Only available at JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
The Orange tree appreciates strong light and loves direct sunlight, place it in a very bright place with a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. If you have a garden or a balcony, don't hesitate to take your plant out on sunny days, but don't forget to shelter it in winter!
Its important to use acidic water pH 5 for all citrus (do not use city water with pH 7). Tip to get acidic water, squeeze half lemon fruit in your watering can. In summer/spring, we recommend frequent watering of 2 to 3 watering per week. In winter/autumn, water every 10 to 15 days. It is important to keep the soil slightly moist, BUT important note, all citrus tree hates having its roots in standing water!
Add 1 table spoon (15ml) of 21-0-0 (ammonia sulfate) & 12-6-6 + OLIGO one time on May and regular alga liquid fertilizer every 3 weeks during the grow period (May to September).
When is establish in the pot, citrus grow vigorous, the trimming can be done all year.
All citrus trees love temperatures between 17°C and 25°C. It can tolerate temperatures down to 10°C during the winter. Don't forget to bring it inside!
The citrus tree is toxic to animals! BUT don't be afraid, cats and dog are not fully attracted by the smell that citrus give off ;)