THIS!... is the new 2022 Italian genetic variety "CODA DI VOLPE" from the Asparagus densiflorus meyeri family !
Commonly called FoxTail fern, this new tropical plant is a variable evergreen perennial, closely related to the og vegetable asparagus, BUT with more density than the others and producing white tails when they adult (>5years).
Crooks & Features
A mature Coda di Volpe plant will grow to 6 to 8 feet wide, but new plants will stay about 3 or 4 feet across for the first 12 years. For the 8 years we have had my plant (pictured), pests have not attacked or diminished its health. Snowy climes will need to bring them in for shelter during the colder months. It has tiny white flowers that attract honeybees 😊
- Coda di Volpe plants are Very Easy to grow !
- Plant has a pike rounded top and drooping branches, so requiring little to no pruning
- Foliage is dense, evergreen and light in color, providing a perfect background for plentiful, pollen-free flowers that are creamy white and lil fragrant
Need to be pollinated, outdoor bubbles bees ! or indoor use a blush brush on every flowers (Flowers opened one time on night!)
- Prefer sunny location, direct or Indirect sunlight indoor/outdoor
- Grows 4-7′ wide
- One plant can live for 15 to 25 years
- Botanical name: Asparagus densiflorus meyeri
- Native grown in Italia, Espana, Africa climate (hardiness zone 8-10)
- Harvest season at Montreal (potted tree): September to December
- Days to Harvest: 90+
- Potted tree grown in QUEBEC so please note the rendering of the plant may vary depending on the time of year !
- Fully grown, Alive & Healthy
Full care instructions are included with each tree :)
Baby size: Around 7inch (20cm) in overall plant height (Only available at ONLINE SHOP 24/7/365)
Little size: Around 18inch (45cm) in overall plant height (Only available at STREET SHOP JEAN-TALON MARKET May to September)
- Mature sizes: Around 45inch (114cm) to 60inch (150cm) in overall plant height (Only available upon EMAIL REQUEST -> VIP Hunting Tree's
The potted CODA di VOLPE can go outside if she can take gentle direct morning sun with light shade for the rest of the day. Otherwise indoors, locate the CODA di VOLPE in bright light and even direct morning sun in winter.
This plant have a particular rhizomatous root system with long fibrous roots bearing oval, turgid, creamy-beige tubers all along with the side roots, which assist the plant in surviving long periods of drought! But provide humidity when it growing indoors. Don’t let the appearance deceive you, in reality, CODA di VOLPE ferns are tough and hardy specimens, flourishing with limited care once established.
Add regular liquid alga fertilizer every 3 weeks during the grow period (May to September). (Come at our Jean-Talon shop to get the liquid Alga Shot!).
Sometime, some tails can turn brown and dry, don't panic its normal during the transition season, the trimming on those tails can be done all year.
CODA di VOLPE love temperatures between 15°C and 25°C inside & outside. It can tolerate temperatures down to 8°C during the spring/fall night. BUT, don't forget to bring it inside when the winter cold of Quebec its on the way !
The small red fruits are poisonous to pets! (berries have toxic agent - sapogenin steroid) BUT don't be afraid, cats and dog are not fully attracted by the smell that CODA give off ;), simply remove the fruits and plant it in a new pot, et voilà you gonna have another CODA di VOLPE :)
Benefits with our HAPPY ROOTZ growing system...
100% recycled from ocean plastic and crushed quartz stone, our HAPPY ROOTZ grow systems are stylish, impact resistant, let the roots breathe which produces powerful roots and are guaranteed for 10 years! Little more, you can use them outdoors as well as indoors. See our HAPPY ROOTZ Growing System solutions for awesome potted plants...